Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Friday, April 22, 2011

Just Call Me Angel of the Morning


It has been a bit of a challenge trying to get pics of NB S. She generally spends the majority of her time sleeping, eating or crying (because she wants to be sleeping or eating). However, this morning, as we woke up, and before we went downstairs, there was a brief minute where I managed to capture these three photos (on my Iphone--so not exactly top notch quality). However, I think they are absolutely beautiful. I had just opened the curtains, and the morning sunlight is shining on her head. She is getting ready for a morning top-up, but is still pretty content as her last feed was only two hours ago (around 5 a.m.).







We had a pretty good day today. As promised, we made our return to the Shangri-La for breakfast. Unfortunately, we are out of practice, and adding a new member to our routine. Whereas I normally handle everything in the mornings (feeding baby N, and getting him and his sister dressed), while Peter showers, this morning's schedule was thrown off as NB S and I didn't even come downstairs until shortly after 7. By that time, Peter was in the midst of feeding baby N and little A was just hanging out watching a show in her pj's. We ended up leaving the house pretty late (as we had to set-up the car-seats and arrange three of them together), and everyone still had to get dressed.







Little A is so very happy to be sitting next to NB S and was very helpful with putting her soother back in whenever it popped out. I am hoping that this will last, as it will certainly help me to have someone back there who can do this job. Baby N seemed thrilled to be leaving the house and was wearing his happiest face on the drive. Perhaps he has forgotten what a car is?


Andrea, as you can see, we managed
to fit all three in the second row.


Overall, we received a warm reception at the hotel. It seems many of the staff had noticed our absence (but sadly--did not seem to notice that I was much smaller than the last time they had seen me--maybe this belly bandit is not working as well as I thought?). You should have seen the waffle guy's eyes pop when I told him I'd just had a baby--I happened to have baby N in the stroller with me at the time, and he took a look at his size and was quite shocked. I had a laugh and told him that baby N wasn't the baby I JUST had--she was tucked away at the table.

We managed to sit at our 'usual' table, and ate all the 'usual' things: Earl Grey tea, poached eggs with hollandaise (made perfectly by my personal Indonesian chef!), and a waffle with strawberries, maple syrup and whip cream all on the side. Our friends (Sahar et al) arrived a little later than us, and sat at their usual table, and it was so nice to see them.

We're baaa-AAAACK!!

NB S's soother got left in the car, and so it wasn't as easy as it could have been (as I had to assume the role of the human pacifier). Half-way through our meal, we were joined by a small sparrow that flew in through an open door (I think) and sat next to Peter. The food was delicious though, and it was nice to be out.

1 comment:

Donna said...

She is a sweetiie! Very much an angel! From the frontal views of these pics, she looks a lot like her Mommy! But from the side view pic on your blog, I see much resemblance to her Daddy! I'm sure this will make her a very well balanced baby! :) Donna