Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter--Part 2

Happy One Month Sweetheart!


We had an enjoyable day today. In the morning, we took NB outside (at little A's suggestion as she told me that NB needed fresh air and sunshine to grow). Little A and baby N played together in the travel cot that my friend Mirha loaned us for the hospital (also little A's suggestion). I was a bit hesitant to stick them both in their together (little A is still not 100% with the whole 'sharing' concept), but they did wonderfully. They even had a game of catch involving a cloth baby book and lots of laughter. I sure am glad that I forgot to return this cot to Mirha!

Then I took NB upstairs for a bath. She really does enjoy the water so much and is very easy to bathe. Little A opted to stay in the cot with her brother (supervised by Malou), so it was just my newest baby and I. I dressed her up in little A's Winnie-the-Pooh sleeper (which Peter had given to me as a Christmas gift the year that we started our 'talks' about starting a family--it makes me smile to remember the faces of my brother and our friend Raj, who both shared Christmas with us that year). She looked sweet in the sleeper, but of course had to be changed out of it a few hours later when she spit-up (again). She ended the day wearing her dark pink sleeper, which was originally intended as coming home outfit from the hospital (which she pooped in before we left).

Big brother and baby sister

Little A and I worked on word pronunciation today. The word we chose was "Malou". For a little over two years, Malou has been working for our family. Since little A started talking, she has always called her "Waloo", which is surprising since she has no issues with the 'M' sound (as in 'Mom-meeeeeeee', which is a high frequency word around our house). So, Malou is "Waloo" (she doesn't seem to mind) and it is (like most kid-speak) very endearing (well, to me anyways).

I thought I would try and do some home-made 'speech therapy' with her and I asked her to repeat the "M" sound: muh-muh. She was successful. So, then I paired the "M" sound with the word: muh-muh, Muh-lou. She repeated: muh-muh, WA-loooooo. As she was repeating, she was also calling out to Malou, to ask her to bring something downstairs with her, so it was very loud, and I must confess, it made me laugh. We tried it several times, and each time, she wouldn't transfer the "M" sound into Malou's name, and always switched back to the "W" sound. Oh well!!

In addition to being Easter Sunday, today was NB's REAL one month (from March 24 to April 24). We really enjoyed marking this day with Ajay and his family. Baby N was in his element, basking in the attention, receiving cuddles and being green-lighted for unlimited climbing, pinching and pulling. Little A was, as usual, much slower to warm up. NB S also got her share of snuggles and I appreciated having two free hands to eat. I must confess that I really enjoy Ajay's parents (and of course Ajay too!)--and was happy to spend some more time with them before they left for home. They live on an acreage outside of Calgary, which they tell me is an easy drive from my brother's house in Arbour Ridge. They invited us to visit them this summer, when we go back to Calgary, and I hope to take them up on it.

Time to upgrade?--
"Mr. Ajay" becomes "Uncle Ajay"

I am pleased to report that Ajay made it to our place with no grand detours. Though next time I suggested he come off the highway one exit earlier (at Al Bandar), his route via Etihad Plaza was likely the fastest he has ever used to come out to Al Raha Gardens. Peter has invited him out this Thurday for a 'guy's night', so hopefully he'll be able to practice the drive again while it's still fresh in his memory. Ajay elicited sweet peals of laughter from baby N while he was here, by playing with Phinn and his beaver. Ajay got Phinn to hop around and chase after the beaver, which delighted my baby (who is only used to Phinn sleeping in his kennel--I guess we are not as fun as Ajay).

No comments: