Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yesterday and Today


Yesterday, Peter took advantage of the beautiful weather (sunny, no sandstorm in sight, 30 plus degrees) and took A & N for a swim. Thanks to the pool heater, he tells me it was like a 'warm bath'. I'm sorry that I am not approved for swimming as yet, as I would have loved a warm bath! NB and I sat outside, soaked up some vitamin D, and watched the fun.


Donna--might you add hibiscus to your list of
favourite flowers if you lived here? I love them!

This morning I had to cancel plans with a friend, in order to go to the Canadian Embassy (again) and finish the application for NB's passport. Fortunately, we finished everything we needed to do (although there was a little 'discussion' about the passport photo, which I will admit is a very unflattering likeness), and this is the last time that we need to take NB there.

In order to make it easier for myself, I opted to leave the other two at home. Baby N went for a nap, and little A was painting. I was amazed to see the growth she has shown in this skill. She painted several pictures, but this one was her first. I asked her whether she wanted me to take it to Papa, so he could put it up at work. She said "No--I painted this for you, for your birthday card.". How very special and lucky I am!!


When I came home, I learned that there was a lot of fun had at Casa S-L, as Malou had caught a baby pigeon, and held it for both A & N to look at (although N is still learning how to be gentle and almost crushed its little head). We have noticed these pigeons in our backyard lately (enjoying the Cockatiel birdseed mix that I picked up at Lulu--bless the pigeons--they are the only ones who will eat it! Who knew birds were so picky?). I guess they have a nest somewhere, as this little fella has been toddling around our yard all day, being fed by mom and dad periodically. He finally roosted on top of a brick, and I believe he is bunkered there for the night.


When I am nursing, A & N have to resort to playing around the area where I am 'bunkered down' (with my nursing cushion). So, all the fun usually happens AROUND the coffee table--until Baby N decided to change things up a bit. I asked little A to check on him (b/c though I could hear him, I could not see him and am always worried he'll slam his fingers in something). She wandered around the coffee table and said "I can HEAR him, but I can't SEE him.". Until she bent down and found him IN the coffee table. What a curious george he is!!





2 comments:

Donna said...

That Baby N! He always makes me laugh! And yes, I would definitely put the Hibiscus on my favourite flower list! It's beautiful! Do they have a nice scent?

Anu Dhabi said...

No smell that I can detect.
They just seem so exotic, that it tickles me to grow them in my back-yard!