Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dance Club

Is it Dance Club, as in a club for dance, or rather Dance-Club, where the focus is on club-style dancing...which I deem entirely inappropriate for my 4 year old daughter.  We will have to wait and see.

Today was Little A's first day of Dance Club, where the school claims she will be exposed to a variety of dance styles (jazz, tap, hip-hop, ballet, disco).  Fortunately, Expressions (our new dance school) managed to secure the dance studio at Garden's Plaza, which is only a FIVE MINUTE DRIVE (yahoo!).  I was hoping the drop-off would be much like last week, where Little A went with no-muss, no-fuss with her teacher Ms. Abby.  It was not to be, as I literally peeled a teary-eyed and frightened little girl off of my leg and passed her across to sit on the lap of Ms. Eloise (today's young teacher).  I am hoping that in time, she will enjoy these new teachers as much as she enjoyed her relationship with Ms. Jesse.

On the finger front, things are improving.  Today has been a big peeling day.  You know what it's like when a strip of velcro gets stuck on your clothes and you have to pluck it off...and it's sticky and scratchy and requires a bit of effort.  Sometimes it even leaves little snags behind....?

Well--that's what my fingers are like.

I'll spare you the pictures of my digits, and instead just leave you with a video of little A (far right).  Obviously, you can see that little A settled into her class very nicely.  I had to have the Filippina who was manning the reception desk film this for me, as I didn't want to disrupt little A's groove (if she had managed to attain one) by entering her line of sight.


No comments: