Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pieces of Me

I am leaving behind bits of skin all over my keyboard as I type.  What will Peter say when he goes to clean it and finds all these pieces of me??  At least he'll be able to provide a bountiful sample of DNA in the case he ever needs to clone me.  I feel like a snake, shedding my skin, and I had to struggle to find a soft finger to put barrier cream on NB S's delicate little cheeks before bed-time.

It's 8 pm, and I'm going to have my first cup of tea of the day.  I guess it's been a busy one.



The morning started somewhere around 6-ish with the maiden voyage of the 'twins' in the double stroller.  The weather was brilliant--maybe 25 degrees--with the most beautiful breeze.  Of course, the maiden voyage was not without its bumps--not only did the tires need to be inflated (something I discovered only AFTER they were loaded up), but my bug screen seems to be MIA (thus, the lovely yellow cover--the flies were also out full force this morning, enjoying the great weather!).  NB S seemed to enjoy the stroller (and she generally doesn't) which I attribute to having a seat-mate beside her.  We managed to leave and return before little A even woke up (apparently she was up around 4, and switched into Peter's bed).  

Then we head off for our appointment with the speech therapist.  Sara (the pronunciation rhymes with little A's name) is from Morocco, and seems like she will be enjoyable to work with.  She tells me that T N has 'moderate' delays, but she didn't seem overly concerned.  I, too, am not overly concerned.  I know he has delays, but he seems to be catching up, and for that I am most proud and grateful.  

We missed our first class of Boogie Bears for T N--the first time I was going to take him to something just for HIM (little A and NB S would play in the play area with Malou).  Fortunately, Alice has said we can join in on Thursday (just for this week).  We'll see how it goes tomorrow.  




Then it was lunch-time--and here is T N enjoying some vanilla pudding with QUINOA (which always makes me remember my friend Kimberly).  I tried to sneak the quinoa into little A's pudding too--but she wouldn't go for it.  They are sooooo different!


After a much needed nap (by me), we got down to the business of pudding painting (which was why we had vanilla pudding in the first place).  I assure you, despite the photos to the contrary, SOME of T N's pudding actually got onto the PAPER!  Little A has always loved pudding painting, but never seemed to get as much ON or IN her as her little brother.  

No comments: