Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday

I should watch that movie.  It would make me laugh.  I realize that it's been a while since I've actually had a good, hard belly laugh.  I smile, and smirk, and laugh on the inside (mostly when I watch Parks N Rec), but the good old fashioned guffaw has eluded me for some time now.

The hands are still feeling like they are made of paper, and coated with crazy glue.  Yech!

Had a good breakfast.  One of the chefs tried to tell me that they did NOT have hollandaise sauce, and thus could NOT make my regular, but another chef came over and said something to him, and my eggs were delivered to my table ten minutes later (PHEW!).  We were accompanied by Uncle Pete, and saw Yang and Juergen (briefly though).  We even managed to meet a new family today.  We had fun watching all the children swarm and play together.

Lisa came over for a visit this afternoon and all of my children were slightly OFF.  There were a lot of screams, whining, tears, and generally uncooperative noises.  I would have liked a more pleasant, quiet and calm visit with her, but it wasn't to be.  However, by supper-time (after she left of course) they were all back to their normal and pleasant little selves, and are now all tucked away for sleeps.

Peter is off to Al Ain tonight for the Moose's brother's wedding.  He has taken Uncle Ajay along (just for the experience).  I hope they enjoy their night and the camel they will most likely eat.


*****USUALLY, what happens in Al Ain STAYS in Al Ain, but you know this techno-crazy world we live in...there are cameras EVERYWHERE.  We managed to get a video of our own Uncle Pete taking up the cane wedding dance challenge.  Ahhh..I can only imagine how he must've worked a polyester leisure suit in the 70's...*****





I am going to have my cup of tea and watch some tv.  I haven't managed to shake this sore throat for a long time now, and there is always an annoying cough that comes at night.  Perhaps the tea will help loosen things up.  

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh dear, colds are going around here too. So far, I have been able to avoid the germs. Not my boys though, so it is probably in the near future for me too. Hope you feel better soon.