Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

One Sticker Earned




Last night, she did very well. She stayed in her bed all night, and only got a bit 'concerned' when I tried to close her door at 9 p.m. She wanted to have a light on in the hallway, but I explained she already had a night-light in her room. However, as NB was screaming for milk at the same time, I left the door open a crack (though it ended up closing on its own) and I didn't hear anything more.

She is still having a hard time understanding that she has to earn FIVE stickers before she gets a toy. We have never done this extrinsic type of reward system with her before (have never needed to), and so I am just explaining it repeatedly. She was very upset this morning when Malou came to get her, as she wanted ME there to give her a toy.

Baby-cakes!

We decided to sit outside for breakfast and so little A decided we should have a celebratory pancake breakfast. Generally it's not the pancakes she wants, but the potatoe cakes or tater tots that go along with it. However, she's a good little helper and they are easy to whip up.


Around 8:30, it was too hot. We were melting, and finished the rest of our breakfast inside.


Sizzler

I went for my six week check-up and received the 'all-clear' from Dr. Marwan. I was surprised to learn they did an ultrasound to check my uterus (which has contracted back to normal size). I questioned Dr. Marwan about the loose skin I have, and told him I remember asking him to tighten it up for me in the O/R. He laughed and assured me that it would disappear in time. He was happy with my weight loss, and also pleased with the MEBO ointment (he tells me they are doing clinical trials in the US on burn patients).

Little A is down for a nap, with baby N soon to follow. Once they all wake up, we will go for a celebratory swim in the pool (how I have missed it--and the water is perfect!!).

********************************************************************

Meow!

The water WAS perfect. Little A is in (her) bed once again, and I'm settling in with a cup of tea and hoping to call it an early evening. The only plan I have is to stay up until 8 (another 24 minutes) to try and skype with my cousin (the owner of the above arm). He has been keeping me entertained today with back and forth emails. Though officially retired from her majesty's service, he is currently working on a contract in Kuwait. This was his birthday present to himself--the tattoo, not the arm of course. I, correctly, smelled the mid-life crisis (is THIS was 41 looks like??). Though not my cup of tea (that would be the Earl of course), he seems quite proud of his new friend. One day, I'll get the story behind it, I'm sure.

No comments: