Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

SHE DID IT!!

My little A has slept in her room for FIVE nights!! I am so proud of her and hope she will continue (unaided by any external motivation). Every morning she calls to let me know she is awake. I use the baby monitor to invite her into my room. She comes in, sleepy, with a toy or a book and then snuggles into my bed (after she peeks over to give NB a morning kiss). Then, she plays quietly, or watches a show on my phone, while I doze a little bit more.

We looked at THREE different stores at the Pink Shops for a horse and carriage (that is what she had her heart set on, as she saw one there about six months ago). Unfortunately (and unsurprisingly?) it wasn't waiting there for her. One shopkeeper urged me to return this evening (as he had one at his other store)...but little miss could not wait.

After lunch, we trekked to Carrefour, where there was a horse and carriage scouted out by Uncle Pete. However, the 220aed (about $60) price point made me gulp (though I'm sure Papa would've just bought it for her--you should see the set of seldom used Bratz horses we have--Little A is not a National Velvet kind of gal). We compromised and she chose the above figurines for 35aed (about $10). I told her that we would put the carriage set on her birthday wish-list, and likely SOMEONE will buy it for her (if not, we will do it). Afterwards we did some shopping and by two o'clock, we were on our way home. She went down for her nap easily, taking her little prizes with her.

Now, you would think that after shopping TWICE today, I would have some food for myself to eat for dinner. Unfortunately, all my shopping seems to be focused on the children--and they have loads to eat. Me, on the other hand, I'm going to have to put in some effort tonight to make a meal (thank GOD I bought a box of Raisin Bran!!).

No comments: