Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A little bump....


Can you believe she used to be too small?


Oh great! Dr. Marwan has taken 'sick leave' and they THINK he might be back Saturday.

I needed to have an ultrasound this week (that he was supposed to schedule this week). I was referred to Dr. Bachar (by reception) and was told that Marwan's nurse would update Bachar on the situation and that Bachar would write me a referral for the ultrasound.

I guess she forgot?

I went to see Bachar today (and I had to wait 2.5 hours b/c it was 'walk-in clinic') and he:

1. kept asking me why I felt I needed an ultrasound.
2. continually undermined my decision to follow the instructions of Dr. Marwan.
3. did an ultrasound scan himself where he told me the baby was very healthy (and then began mumbling under his breath about why I would come to see him if I didn't want him to treat me).
4. made some digs at his 'colleague' who didn't have the courtesy to inform him about my visit.
5. generally made me feel uncomfortable. As I left he passed me his business card and said "My name is Dr. Bachar, here is my card. This is my number.
If you want my help and want me to treat you, then please call me."

Now I am a bit worried. My ultrasound is booked for Monday. My next appointment with Marwan is Tuesday. Supposedly, Marwan will be back in the office on Saturday, and I was advised by the receptionist to attend the walk-in clinic (sigh) and ensure that he books all the professionals ('my team') for my delivery on Thursday.

Deep breaths....
Monkey

No comments: