Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Someone stole my grocery cart--again!!

The day that baby N was born, I went to Carrefour in order to kill time, while I waited for my ultrasound appointment. I was (obviously) deeply immersed in looking at shower curtains and rods (to prepare for the arrival of Peter's family), when someone stole my shopping cart from right beside me. Though I scanned all the aisles--no luck. I had to start from scratch and half-way through I got the call from the hospital that I was next up for an ultrasound, so I had to head back.

Today I went to Lulu (I didn't want to go--but we have no food in the house--so I kind of HAD to go). As I was checking out the glue guns, with my cart parked BESIDE me, it wandered off again. I asked the stock-boy, but he hadn't seen it. It was a toss-up as to what would take more time and effort: go and get a new cart and start all over again OR scan the aisles for my cart full of jars of baby food and formula. I decided to scan, and found my cart abandoned three aisles over, in the cereal section.

I came home worried this might be a sign that the baby was coming early.

I had an enjoyable visit with my friend Shariza today. She brought me a wonderful gift for B3--a Dutalier nursing chair! She was doing some 'spring cleaning' and decided she wouldn't be needing a nursing chair anytime soon, so we have adopted it. Fortunately, with all the re-organization to make room for B3, we now have room for this chair as well.

Little A has a runny nostril--you know the kind where you keep feeling your nose run, but when you blow it, nothing comes out? THAT'S the kind she has. It's her left nostril, and hopefully it will clear itself up soon. Baby N has some more teething happening (if his rosy cheeks and elevated body temperature are any indication). He is now up to six teeth.

I feel like I've accomplished something today as well. Not only did I manage to actually put together a package for my friend Candice (it's all sealed and addressed and ready to go to the post office), I also completed a great deal of work on baby N's 'baby book'. One of the gifts I got from my shower was a NEW baby book for B3--which made me realize that I needed to get moving on baby N's book.

When I go to bed tonight, not only will I feel the pain of my swollen ankles, my bum hips and my baby kicking all around (though B3 is still confirmed to be in 'ready position'--head down), but tonight I will also feel a little bit of peace, knowing that I am so close to crossing a few more things off my 'To-Do' list.

No plans for tomorrow--just focusing on 'the list'.

No comments: