Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Whale (no--not ME)

Today we had our 'last breakfast' at the Shangri-la, before we go on hiatus. Next Friday I will likely be busy trying to hold in my guts, and won't have much interest in eating at the buffet. Afterwards, we stopped off at a neighbour's garage sale, and were very happy to scoop up some great deals on some excellent toys.

I have been busy trying to find a knitting pattern for and create a pair of baby booties. I have made it my tradition to knit a pair of scratch mitts, booties and a hat for each of my little ones. They will all have them as keepsakes to remember when they were tiny. Generally, they only wear them for a picture and as they make their way out of the hospital, strapped into their car-seat. This time I tried to challenge myself with a new pattern. The picture is here. Wish me luck! I have already had to go on youtube several times to refresh my memory on several knitting terms.

While I was working on the booties, little A was sitting next to me. She likes to draw, and fortunately, Peter's business allows her to have access to many free notepads from various companies. Today, for the first time ever, instead of drawing squiggly lines and forcing us to use our great powers of imagination to see what she had created, she actually created a reasonable (for a 3.5 year old) facsimile of a real object. It was a whale, and if you look carefully, you will see it has a tail, a fin, a mouth (sorry--just noticed that the mouth is still coming--if you look closely, you can see the tip of her pen in the bottom right and she is just about to add in the mouth), an eye and a blowhole, which is spraying water out like a fountain. I asked her if I could keep this picture, and she said "Sure, you can put it on your blog." Enjoy!



2 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, Anu! You have a budding artist there!! A very good whale! But I am sure she did not compare it to you. Just coincidence, I am sure! :) Only 5 more days!!

Anu Dhabi said...

No--she didn't compare it to me (I just didn't want anyone reading the blog to think this entry was about me).

Little A always tells me I am 'bootiful'...she is the sweetest and she loves the big belly!