Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Which toothbrush are you going to choose?


(Just because I want to remember this kind of stuff when I get older.)

The morning brush...

Little A has three toothbrushes: the 'angel' (which hangs in a lion toothbrush holder from the mirror), the elephant and the cat. I got her a variety, in order to help her enjoy the act of brushing her teeth. So far, we've managed to nail the night-time brushing, but some mornings it's a bit of a grind.

Every time I hoist her up on the counter (and I seriously need to put a chair up in the bathroom, because very soon I won't be able to hoist her up for fear of splitting stitches) I ask her, "Which toothbrush are you going to choose?". If she chooses the angel, then it's just 'the angel'. However, if she chooses either the cat or the elephant (let's pretend...for clarity that she chose the cat), then she always follows up by saying:

"Lucky cat today. If I chose the elephant, then the cat would say 'hey! i thought we were taking turns' and then elephant would say 'ooops! sorry!!'".

She is very good at making sure that the cat and the elephant get an equal opportunity to clean her teeth. Before the angel became a part of the crew, she was always ensuring that if elephant brushed in the morning, then the cat would brush at night. The angel gets rotated in whenever she feels like she wants to use her snazzy lion toothbrush holder.

Speaking of elephants, I have elephant feet again today. The compression stockings have not helped (other than to etch deep grooves in the place where my ankles usually are). Baby N has been a bit fussy today (apparently he used up all his charm on my friend Sharon this morning and only had a limited supply left for me this afternoon). Peter is off at a business meeting/dinner tonight, and I'm off for some tea and Fringe time.

No comments: