Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

Here's how I spent my day:

-nice relaxing breakfast at home with the kids

-my friend Sahar came by and passed the morning with me. Her two little boys are in nursery, and she is currently 'in transition' (moving here from the UK via Switzerland). We went shopping together (as I felt the need to stock up the groceries so Peter would not have to do it while I was in the hospital).

-received some lovely newborn (size 0) clothes from Deema (who dropped them off while I was out--I completely forgot she was coming by).

-got to briefly see my friend Jenny who was picking up some chips (not potatoe) for the game that Peter is missing tonight.

-had a quick lunch and then flew off to Sharanis spa for the most wonderful facial experience I have ever had. What an amazing masseuse (authentic Thai lady named Tod--I will be going back for the post-natal massage in 3 months)! The facial was a gift from my friend Femme, who runs the spa.

-home by 4 to feed baby N milk (I guess little A had trouble falling asleep--the stress is getting to her). Then we all went for our 'last supper as a family of 4' to-------wait for it---------MCDONALD'S!!! I'm LOVING IT!!

-Came home for a real supper for the kids (come on--you don't think I'd seriously JUST give little A fries!!) and then bed-times. Baby N asleep by 6:45 and little A down by 8.

Now that it is quiet ME time--I decided to blog and I really have to finish TWO booties by tonight (and not those fancy schmancy ones either--I just don't have the mental capacity for that). I am 1/3 of the way through one...wish me luck!!

How am I feeling?

Nervous--not about the baby at all--but about the surgery. I am frightened--not only of the operation (and what if I die?), but also of the pain that will inevitably follow me later.

I am grateful for all the love and support I have received from near and far--friends from all over the world have been emailing and texting, sending me best wishes and offering to help in any way they can. That's a wonderful feeling.

I am sad for having to leave little A and baby N at home--even if it is for a short time (3 nights according to Marwan). I know they will be well looked after--but I will still miss them. Little A has been quite moody this afternoon, and I KNOW it has to do with the big day tomorrow. Baby N continues on in his sweet little oblivious way.

And I am FRAKKING tired!! I have got to get to sleep by 10 (please let me finish two booties by then--I still have a hat to go!!).

1 comment:

Donna said...

The booties and hat can wait, get your sleep girl!!! I will be thinking of you the entire day and I will try to wait patiently for Peter's email. Best wishes to all of you!! XOXOXO