Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Two trips today...

First in the morning to see Dr. Marwan. Signed all the forms (although the 'official' form will need to be signed my my HUSBAND upon admission) and got all the bookings done. I will need to be in the hospital by 10 a.m. on Thursday for all the pre-op preparations, and the surgery will take place around 2 p.m.

I had to go back in the afternoon to the pre-anesthesia clinic. I was expecting to see my friend Dr. Mahmoud, but instead saw a much younger fellow (with a full head of hair). I had to ask him (b/c I WAS pretty out of it last time around), "Excuse me, but are YOU Dr. Mahmoud?". This question seemed to give him a bit of pause. He said "No, I'm Dr. Emad (or something that sounded like Emad--as I'm pretty sure Dr. Emad is the man who did my ultrasound.) Dr. Mahmoud is bald.".

Which gave me a bit of a chuckle (and hey--a 40-something man with a thick, full head of hair IS something to be proud). I told him "Yes--i was pretty sure you weren't Dr. Mahmoud--but I was pretty out of it during my last c-section and I just wanted to check." Though I have specificially requested Mahmoud, this fellow seems nice (and competent) and I just asked him to lift up his cap in the O/R and show me: hair or no hair (just so I know who is with me).

I also asked him about the possibility of having sedatives prior to the procedure (as I was QUITE a mess last time around). I know that they will impact the baby, but I'm sure that the amount of 'crazy' I was displaying when baby N was born, likely impacted him as well. I am not saying I will use them--but if I need help, I like to know it will be available to me. He agreed to be on 'standby' with the drugs for me.

Now, if I'm lucky, I won't need to go to the New Al Noor Hospital until Thursday. Every time I leave the house, little A gets a bit tense and when I come back, she always checks to see if the baby is still intact. I have tried to reassure her that I will let her know when I go to the hospital for new baby, and that she will come along with me. Last night, after helping me pack my hospital bag, she had a terrible time sleeping. She was probably worried that I would leave while she was asleep.

I'm off tonight for a mani-pedi with a friend. I am going to hop in the shower first, so that when I come home all I need to do is change into my pj's and go to sleep!

No comments: