Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our Family Photo Shoot






Hopefully this uploads properly and you will be able to see our family photo shoot that we did a few weeks back, in preparation for the arrival of our NB S. I wanted some pregnancy photos (as I've never had professional ones done for any of my pregnancies), and we just wanted some family photos as well. We are really pleased with the results.

For my baby shower gift, my friends all put some money together and bought me a gift certificate for another sitting. We would like to have some NB S pictures, and also some photos of our NEW family.

While on the topic of generosity, we have received many generous and beautiful gifts from friends near and far. Little A has opened them all on behalf of her baby sister, and they have all brought big smiles to our faces. Although it seems impossible that we actually need ANYTHING more (anyone who has been to my 'nursery' will know)--everything that we have received is loved, appreciated and will be used.



Today is Friday, and although we originally were expecting to visit with three separate sets of friends, it seems that now we are down to one (and who knows--it's still early--they might cancel too!). Which is A-okay with us, as we'll just continue on with our family-time. Little A has 'finger-painting' and 'swimming' on the agenda, and NB S has some 'phototherapy time' (her jaundice number came back at 14.8--normal--but we will put her in the sun to help her out). Baby N will just wreak general havoc and chaos (and likely spend some more time in the 'cage' as he is too heavy for me to carry and Peter gets tired of chasing after him).


Cage Match

On a completely different note, Little A has finally learned how to say 'French Hens' (as in "three french hens"). She used to say 'hench hens' when we sang/read her favourite book "The Twelve Days of Christmas," (which is a year-round classic at our place). For the first time on Wednesday evening, we heard her sing the proper words. How sweet!!

And...to wrap it up for today, I have just learned that the painkillers my doctor prescribe ARE actually working. This morning I figured I didn't need to take them anymore, as I was feeling pretty good. However, by 11 a.m., there was dull ache and by 12 noon, walking and standing were becoming quite painful. Now, an hour after taking my Brufen tablet, I am feeling MUCH better once again.


2 comments:

Donna said...

You should be very pleased with those portraits! They are all beautiful! Wow! I am so glad to see some pictures of you. Motherhood becomes you. Take care!

Donna :)

Maria Eliza said...

You have the most gorgeous family ever, and now there is one more! We love you very much and loved looking at these photos... my Mum is nearly crying hehehe!!

Liz x x x x