Salam wa aleikum




....thanks for coming to read my blog.


I hope that you will enjoy keeping in touch with our lives, and that one day, you might even make the trek out to come and visit with us (**NB - VISA's upon arrival for Canadians once again!!).

Grab yourself a nice cup of tea (Make mine JTG's Blue Mountain, mixed with a hint of French Earl...but get something that suits your fancy), and let's catch up...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Too Many Cooks...

Future 'Master Chefs'

Don't be fooled--it's not a REAL back-pack--just little A's favourite backpack t-shirt that her grandma gave her. She's even wearing it right now for 'nap-time'.

It has been a slow week news wise. Nothing too exciting going on, although I've managed to be doing something every day. Thankfully, the storms have passed and my feet have resumed their normal size.

Some of the highlights of the week:

1. On a visit to SKMC I was actually physically pushed by a 'local' lady, as she was in a hurry to schedule another appointment and apparently had no qualms about shoving THIS heavily pregnant momma (who was patiently waiting to schedule another appointment) out of the way. I have never been pushed in my life (except by my older brother), and so I wasn't really sure what to do. In hindsight, Peter and I decided I should have grabbed hold of my belly and screamed "ahhhhhh!! my baby!! my baby!!!" and dropped dramatically (and gently) to the ground. Question is...would she have noticed? In my experience, someone who is idiotic enough to push a pregnant lady is not really too concerned about the people around them.

2. The maintenance men were here to replace a hot water pump (that was reported as broken way back in November). Apparently the 'report' got lost, and so they had to send people out to write the report again, and a week later, voila!! new hot water pump. So, these two Indian men show up (both of whom I have seen before) and get to work. They were both quite friendly, but I found myself rather at a loss when the younger of the two discreetly asked me, "Ma'am, can I have one?"--and then just pointed downwards towards the box of Peter's beer with a finger and his eyes. I wasn't sure what he meant and had to get him to repeat himself. My answer: "No--it's not legal" (which I had to repeat--as his first response was "I won't sell it."). Considering the laws here with respect to liquor and its consumption, I thought it was pretty crazy that this fellow was willing to risk a lot, just to get a free bottle of beer. Apparently, as a non-drinker, I just don't understand the power of alcohol.

3. I had an appointment with Dr. Marwan and all still looks good with B3. Apparently, this is the first of all my babies to be in the 'go' position (head down) early on (what is this--week 34??). Little A didn't turn until week 38 and baby N decided to relax and be breech right up until the end. Too bad B3--you're a c-section baby!! Dr. Marwan commented that he saw baby N's picture on the NICU board, and that he was the most handsome of all the babies (and I completely agree--although with the number of first cousin marriages out here--I don't think the competition was really all that stiff).

4. We attended a birthday party for Indraj (my friend Deema's son) who is just turning 3. The invitation said 'dress-up' and it was a jungle theme--so little A went as a 'jungle skunk' (yes--I googled it--there really are skunks that live in the jungle). We had a nice time, and as we were leaving A said her first words to Indraj "Happy Birthday Indraj"--she had spent the entire party curled up beside me on the sofa. It was comical to hear her say "I think Indraj could be my best friend" as we left their villa. Sadly for A, Indraj and family will be leaving Abu Dhabi for 'the good life' in Dubai, on April 10.

And that's it--our week in review. We're heading into the weekend now, and we have a family portraits session scheduled for Saturday morning. I am sure to look terrible as I have neither good hair, good make-up OR good clothes--but I guess that's what Photoshop is for, right?



Little A finds something to keep baby N out of her way

No comments: